Travel destinations among Americans
The American people are famous for traveling. This is probably one reason why the national highways are excellent and well-equipped with 'survival' amenities, such as rest areas, dining stations and restaurants, hotels, gas stations, and information centers.
It is unusual to hear that some residents have not been elsewhere other than their local places of birth. However, in certain localities where economy is not very friendly, it is true. But for the majority, poverty is not a reason for not being able to travel. As long as you have a small budget for gas, food, and a place to stay, you are good.
According to the US Travel Association, the top 10 travel activities for Americans are:
1. visiting friends and relatives
3. beaches and waterfronts
4. zoos, aquariums, and science museums
5. national parks
6. state parks
8. theme parks
10. mountain areas
Based on surveys conducted by the Association, a great majority of Americans prefer traveling within the mainland United States despite the attractions posed by foreign destinations.
Among the top 10 destinations frequently visited by millions of Americans each year are the following:
1. Times Square, New York
2. Las Vegas, Nevada
3. Historic parks and malls in Washington, DC
4. Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston, MA
5. Disneyworld-Florida, Orlando, FL
6. Golden Gate National Recreation Area, San Francisco, CA
7. Disneyland Resort-Anaheim, CA
8. Fisherman's Warf, San Francisco, CA
9. Hollywood Walk of Fame, CA
10. Great Smoky Mountains Park, NC and TN
Now that Summer is approaching, you might want to consider one of these to be part of your list. Always remember to stay safe and hydrated while on the road to a dream destination.
Post a Comment